There is always a first time


“All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning.”, said Albert Camus, a great thinker of his time. The way we lead our life, take baby steps towards our bigger goals, fall down often midway and then get up and get going- speaks a lot of the great grit and determination of mankind. Still, there is always a hesitation before doing things which matte, always a fear of failure and it is then, that the cobweb of doubts in our own capabilities rises.

It is important for us to understand that it is OK to fail, but important to try, give it a shot. Be it a struggling first time driver or a new mother- there always is a first time to greater things in life. It is important to take the first step even though one may not see the entire ladder in life. Through the sands of time, we have numerous examples of men taking that important “first” step, against all odds and eventually creating a name for themselves. Christopher Columbus, Neil Armstrong, and even Kiran Bedi for that matter, must have said to themselves and to their critics- there always is a first time!
Swami Vivekananda said to the youth of the nation- “Awake, arise and stop not till the goal is reached!”.Such soul stirring utterances of great people have often risen from the very fact that it is important to believe in ourselves most, and not think about failure. If we just live life seeing every moment as a gift, and try to give our best in them- we are bound to succeed in life.
Personally, I often remember my parents quoting these lines when I feared falling from the bicycle when I was six, and when I was first going to live away from home when I was 14. Very aptly, this line has been used in times when I felt weak, when I felt that I would fail… It gave me the strength to give it a try and the freedom to feel OK even after I did not fare well.

Today, when I look forward to a life full of challenges, ridden with several things to do, I may not be very sure of the outcome, but I have faith that I will have the strength and the courage to embark upon a new path, a new road every time the need arises. 


Courtesy : Nikhil Sinha
Batch      :  2011-2013