SIBM Bangalore – The First Cut



Vroom! MBA is like a Ferrari! No Brakes!
Time: 4:00 AM..Back in my room, after a long tiring day (and of course night), I opened my drawer to find a receipt I had to send back home and I see a train ticket – Chennai Central to Bangalore!!! And I sit with nostalgia. SIBM Bangalore: The Journey so Far. How quickly has it passed!  I here will share my journey but it’s not mine alone! You all are the part of this journey! So I allow you to be nostalgic, be emotional and dangle on this journey with me.
Well! 14th July was the day! Morning 4:30 AM my train stops at Bangalore Central! What do I do at 4:30 in the morning on a platform of a new city! No other way to but to wait till the dawn! But its boring to wait, right? I won’t! I will take you to a part of life an important part of this journey! Rewind! 8 hrs back! Chennai Platform! 15 people have come to bid you the farewell! Believe me! It’s very emotional. Especially for a person like me, majority of whose life has been with friends. Leaving those friends is really painful. We cried together, we consoled that we will be in touch..always. The train leaves and I wave my hand. As the vision blurred, I sat down and thought! I worked in an office! And I earned salary! That was not my real earning. The real earning were those friends, real assets of your life’s Balance Sheet!
It was 5 am by this time and I came out of the platform. And my Bangalore diary starts with an argument with the autowalas. But I had become a veteran in arguing with them being in Chennai so long and was able to negotiate at 220 bucks! I crossed those roads, the malls, those flyovers and here I was! SYMBIOSIS..When I read that board and a series of emotions started flowing. Those mid night preparations, those office bunks, frustrations of low marks in mocks but the intent to join a good institute!
I was welcomed with a locked gate! Well, I was excited! I kept my luggage with the security guard and left for a walk! Weather was awesome, and the first message I left to my friends in Chennai was that I am in love with the weather. Of course in these seven months I have known that that love with the weather is selfless! You never enjoy them thanks to the morning classes.
First day! First Look! New friends, I explored the campus, the people..I thought I will have a sleep which I could not on the train. But I could not. How ironical! When you want to dream, the sleep alleviates from you! The day passed interacting with people and the night arrived. The night of Floating clouds..The first night of interaction with seniors! And there has been no looking back. Be it that yoga at 6 o’clock in the morning with the famous sawashan where people slept and snored or be it those endless sessions during the induction program. Believe me, barring a few sessions of those, I wondered, what my take away from those sessions was. I was yet to realize the importance of industry interaction in coming days!
But its not all about the thrill! There have been ups and the downs. Those full night committee interviews, those exams with dwindling marks..the FM frustration and then the friends who were to become the best part of MBA and then life.
 The first Cut already had enough glimpse of exciting journey. A journey full of life! A life which had to teach me a lot. Handling the assignments and then handing the people who tend to do those assignments, but do nothing. A life which had to teach me “Never Give Up” and substantiate that there will be downs but you have to accept that as a part of life in a bid to that you should not miss to be a part those happy moments which are plenty.
Two years are like a Ferrari and you need to live every minute of it! It was time to shut my eyes to make it possible for the 9:00 AM Class!!
Keep waiting for:  SIBM Bangalore – Second Cut 

Courtesy : Prince Kumar
Batch: 2011- 2013